Happy Valentine’s Day! To be honest, I am not the type of person to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but I truly believe in the idea of celebrating love… if not on a specific day, any day! If you have been married for quite some time, it takes extra effort to date your spouse and do little acts of romance for him or her. Just remember, start small, do something unexpected and just have fun!
If you don’t have ideas for a date night, here are some suggestions!
- Switch on your spouse’s favourite song. Dance randomly in the kitchen or living room.
- Go on a roller coaster ride.
- Do the laundry or dishes. Naked.
- Go for a swim in the ocean.
- Go for a hike and climb a tree.
- Write down 3 dreams that you secretly own, assuming money and time are not a barrier to fulfilling it. Then share that list with each other.
- Take a drive to nowhere. Explore random places you have never been before.
- Go camping… in your garden.
- Make love on the beach under the stars.
- Watch the sunrise.
- Write 5 reasons you love each other, paste it onto a scrapbook frame with photos of each other and hang it on your bedroom wall.
- Donate blood together.
- Watch your wedding video.
- Visit the place you had your first date.